10 May, 2014

It's been a while...

So... apparently I took a 13 month long hiatus from writing a blog. If you asked me to tell why, I don't think I could. That's just sometimes the way things go in my life. But I'm back and I hope to write at least somewhat regularly in the future.

To kick things of again, here are five projects I'm working on at the moment.


 A pair of cable knit socks as a competition prize to a friend. The project is very true to me as I started with knitting one sock from the original pattern and then started to do heavy alteration in the second one. If the alterations end up working the way I think, I might turn this project into a pattern. But we'll have to see about that. In any case I've fount I'm particularly excited about this project.


I have adored this pattern from afar for ages so recently, when I got a particularly bad itch for fairisle knitting, I finally went for these socks. And for once they are not for someone else but me! How ever the project has been stagnant since I started the other socks.


The third project I want to give you a sneak peak of is a rather simple but time consuming embroidery project. How ever this project is a gift for a friend and as I want to keep it as a secret from her all you are going to see of it right now is just this little detail.


This ball of braided fabric got started at Kierrätystehdas few weeks ago. I wasn't particularly planning on joining any of the workshops, but one of my friends was working on one of them so I ended up doing a whole lot of braiding. I'm not sure what this'll turn into yet, but most likely I'll sew it into some kind of small basket.


The last project I'm showing you now is a huge one - a quilt made out of small hexagons! I got this crazy idea of a hexagon quilt in my head last autumn and have since then been working on and of to make enough tiny hexagons. Don't ask me how big it will end up being or how long it will take for me to finish it, but what I can say is that I'm still very excited about this project.

There we go. I'll be writing more about these and other projects in the future so stay tuned. :)

* * *

Edellisestä blogimerkinnästä on päässyt vierähtämään reilu vuosi iman mitään erityisen hyvää syytä. Joskus vain tauko erinäisistä asioista tekee hyvää. Mutta nyt on tarkoitus palata blogin äärelle ja yrittää taas päivittää edes semisäännöllisesti.

Uudeksi aluksi ajattelin esitellä viisi keskeneräistä projektia. Kesken on tällä hetkellä yhdet kirjoneulesukat itselle sekä palmikkosukat ja salainen kirjontaprojekti, molemmat ystäville lahjaksi menossa. Lisäksi työn alla on iso projekti eli pienistä kuusikulmioista rakentuva tilkkupeitto sekä Kierrätystehtaalla aloitettu letitetystä kankaasta tehtävä kori. Näihin projekteihin varmasti palailen vielä, jahka ne myöhemmin valmistuvat.

No comments:

Post a Comment