23 June, 2014

Tiny tiny kitchen garden


This summer I have two garden projects. I might write about the other one bit later but today I want to share with you my tiny herb garden. You see, I like making food and I especially love using fresh ingredients when ever possible. My current home has a nice spacious kitchen with a sunny window so to keep me in fresh herbs, I decided to turn the bench in front of the window into a small kitchen herb garden. 

I currently have six herbs in my garden: oregano, basil, mint, thyme, rosemary, and parsley. I think it's a pretty good selection of herbs and I do use all of these quite often. How ever I'm also considering getting few more to add to the selection. We'll see if I end up doing that or not.

I'm trying to learn to be a good blogger again and taking photos of the things I might want to share here. It's more hard to get back into that habit than you'd think! So here are pictures of me planting the herbs to terracotta pots back in May. I'm quite proud of some of the photos.

* * *

Minulla on oikeastaan kaksi puutarhaprojektia tänä kesänä, mutta esittelen tällä kertaa vain toisen niistä. Siitä toisesta kirjoitan ehkä joskus myöhemmin. Tällä kertaa halusin kuitenkin esitellä teille pikkuruisen keittiöpuutarhani.

Pidän kovasti ruuan laitosta ja tuoreista aineksista. Siksi on ihanaa, että nykyisen kotini keittiöön ikkunan eteen mahtuu oma pienei yrttipuutarha. Tällä hetkellä puutarhani koostuu kuudesta yrtistä: persiljasta, basilikasta, marokon mintusta, oreganosta, timjamista ja rosmariinista. Olen tosin harkinnut hankkivani muutaman yrtin lisää, saa nähdä.

Tässä teille muutamia kuvia yrttien istutuksesta ja yrteistä ylipäätään.

Dirt under my fingers proofs I've done some planting work.

All the planting supplies your really need: the herb, the pot with a piece of broken ceramic to block the water hole, some dirt, and some newspaper to cover the table.

Basil.


Rosemary.


Mint.

Oregano.


Thyme.


No comments:

Post a Comment